Sunday 15 January 2012

Day 13 - the bubble is shrinking!

I've been noticing the gas bubble shrinking daily but now it seems really small! It is so hard to describe the size of it. I'm noticing it more because it is sticking up more, I guess because it is smaller? Looking straight ahead I can see more than half of it and at the angle I look at my laptop I can see pretty much all of it, it doesn't get in the way as such but it is a little annoying as it wobbles around and I see it out of the corner of my eye and then forget that that's what it is and keep trying to look at it.

I was told it would be 3-4 weeks before the bubble went completely but I guess that varies. I'm so excited about it going! I'll have full vision for the first time since Christmas when the vision in my left eye got worse - and prompted me to get seen. I've not driven yet since the operation but I think I'm just about ready to now and I don't feel like my vision is affected. If I look straight down and through the bubble it is double BUT it's small enough now for that not to matter - plus I don't drive with my head down (obviously) so I should be fine :D Will probably wait until next week to do it.

The redness is my eye is the same as yesterday - barely there. And I didn't sleep with my patch on last night (bad me) it was fine. But shhhh don't tell anyone!

Oh and I wore a little make-up today. No one noticed but I felt better!

No comments:

Post a Comment