Monday 9 January 2012

DAY 2 - check-up

I spent a restful next morning in bed not doing a great deal (as I was struggling to wear my glasses and had forgotten to ask if I could wear a contact lens in my good eye (which I could and did afterwards!)

I then went to my eye appointment that afternoon.

A nurser took off the pad and wiped my eye until I was able to open it. It took a while and was a little sore but as I was keeping up with the co-codamol it wasn't that bad.

The guy who had done the surgery then saw me. He had a good look into my eye and checked the pressures.

It was at this point that he told me I'd need to spend the next 5 DAYS laying on my left side. For 50 minutes out of every hour, day and night.

I was shocked and upset at this, partly because me and Hubby were supposed to be going for a posh meal, show and stay as my birthday present to him and partly because I've 2 little girls and a Hubby with a job and it just seemed impossible. In the end my husband took a lot of time off of work and family rallied round to take care of the children.

This is my eye once the pad had been removed.

As you can see my eye was very swollen and the white bits were bright red rather than white!

Read on for my experience 'posturing' for 5 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment